First off, the dictionary (only FJD$5 at the local bookshops Mr Leweni) defines Pacific as:
“pa+cif+ic (pə'sifik) adj 1. tending or conducive to peace; conciliatory. 2. not aggressive; opposed to the use of force 3. free from conflict; peaceful”.
Google (which is free for the junta guys illegally freeloading on public funded GOVNET services) defines Pacific as:
“disposed to peace or of a peaceful nature; "the pacific temper seeks to settle disputes on grounds of justice rather than by force"; "a quiet and peaceable person"; "in a peaceable and orderly manner"
So in assessing the military Junta’s record to date, let’s see who really understands what Pacific means.
- Wrestling power from an elected Government – “Unpacific”
- Subjecting citizens to unwarranted torture – “Unpacific”
- Expelling expats for reasons still largely unclear – “Unpacific”
- Threatening gainfully employed citizens on religious/ethnic grounds – “Unpacific”
- Stealing from national coffers – “Unpacific”
- Causing political havoc in the South Pacific region – “Unpacific”
And The list goes on and on and on and on (and on and on).
The jury will not be out on this one Bainimarama. Tuilaepa, the rest of the Forum leaders (even Australia and New Zealand) and taxpayers in this country all know what Pacific means.
You and your spin doctors on the other hand need need to arm yourselves with dictionaries before your open your mouths.
Better still - step down. Today would be just beaut.