October 09, 2012

Sofield resigns as AFL chair


October 6, 2012 | Filed under: Business | Posted by: newsroom
By RACHNA LAL

Adrian Sofield has resigned from his role as the chairman of the Airports Fiji Limited (AFL) board effective September 28, 2012.

This is to return to his architectural business in Nadi, a statement said.

Acting as the chairman would be board director and Lautoka lawyer, Faiz Khan.

Mr Sofield said: “There are many exciting times ahead as AFL begins work on redevelopment at both Nadi and Nausori Airports.

“I regret that I will not be able to lead these efforts, but I appreciate the board’s support of my decision to return to my architectural practice.”

The Attorney-General and Minister for Public Enterprises, Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum, on behalf of the board of directors and the entire AFL team, thanked Mr Sofield for his services and wished him well as he returns to private practice.


No comments: